I have recently downloaded the WordPress client for the iTouch and iPhone and started playing about with it.
First impressions are that it is very straightforward to set up your blog for use with it. I was running a slightly out of date version of wordpress, which the application warned me about. A quick upgrade to the latest version and we were good to go.
Writing on the iTouch is not the most pleasant experience, but the WordPress client is easy to use in spite of this, providing a means to compose offline and update when safely back within range of a wifi network. Interestingly it has everything working that you can do through the web version, with the exception of being able to add pictures to a post. I’m going to try it for a bit longer before passing any judgement, but it seems a very promising app, with the added bonus of being zero cost.
Well, the time seems to have flown by, and the Wedding date is getting nearer and nearer. Thankfully most of the important stuff seems to be sorted now – the only remaining obstacle is to get everything paid on time and sorted so I can move into my new flat. Strangely enough I’m not feeling stressed about the whole thing, but I feel like I should be blogging a bit more and letting people know what I’m up to, in case they’re reading this.
Also, I have managed to get the stats working again, thanks to a more recent build of BAStats which works with 1.5.1 so I should be able to keep track of the people that come here. I’m thinking I may create a page which listes the most important stats about the site, which basically means how many people are using firefox.
See the original announcement of the new WordPress version. I upgraded this site a couple of hours ago, and it looks like the upgrade was mostly successful. Also, you may notice I have added a few extra plugins to the WordPress installation, which should make the site slower, but better. I’ve had a few minor hiccups with this 1.5.1 upgrade where a few plugins refused to work. The main disappointment is that BAStats plugin no longer works, which means that I am no longer able to track hits to the site in the level of detail I have become accustomed to.
I have yet to turn on the Static page generation, as this has not become an issue, but I am looking at writing my own plugin, which will allow the static generation to be turned on and off on a category or post basis, allowing finer grained control of the static files.